Posted to l10n@openoffice.apache.org by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> on 2013/10/21 22:11:54 UTC

Downloads by Country (updated data)

Updated table here:

http://www.openoffice.org/stats/countries.html

The last update was in early August.

The top 10 has remained stable.  The first change in the table is at
position #12, where Belgium overtook India for downloads.

But good news is that Brazil, India and Belgium have now each crossed
the 1 million download mark, which makes them "Apache OpenOffice
Superpowers" in my book ;-)

Regards,

-Rob

Re: Downloads by Country (updated data)

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 3:00 PM, Donald Whytock <dw...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 4:11 PM, Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Updated table here:
>>
>> http://www.openoffice.org/stats/countries.html
>>
>> The last update was in early August.
>>
>> The top 10 has remained stable.  The first change in the table is at
>> position #12, where Belgium overtook India for downloads.
>>
>> But good news is that Brazil, India and Belgium have now each crossed
>> the 1 million download mark, which makes them "Apache OpenOffice
>> Superpowers" in my book ;-)
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> -Rob
>>

> Out of curiosity, which language pack did the Antarctica download include?

The downloads were German.  So maybe Neumayer Station?

Posted by Donald Whytock <dw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Siva <si...@talentinfotech.com>.
The reach is surprising.

> On October 21, 2013 at 4:11
> PM Rob Weir
> <ro...@apache.org> wrote:
>

> Updated table here:
>
> http://www.openoffice.org/stats/countries.html
>
> The last update was in early
> August.
>
> The top 10 has remained
> stable.  The first change in
> the table is at
> position #12, where Belgium
> overtook India for
> downloads.
>
> But good news is that
> Brazil, India and Belgium
> have now each crossed
> the 1 million download mark,
> which makes them "Apache
> OpenOffice
> Superpowers" in my book ;-)
>
> Regards,
>
> -Rob

> For additional commands,
> e-mail:
> dev-help@openoffice.apache.org

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you very much for your
time.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Siva P,
Acquisition Coordinator,
Talent Infotech Inc,
304 Canterbury Way,
Severna Park, MD 21146.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Phone: 443-722-2543.
Fax: 425-696-9020.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Re: Downloads by Country (updated data)

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 2:50 PM, Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org> wrote:

> On Mon Oct 21 16:09:37 2013 Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> wrote:
> > On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 4:15 PM, Misha Konoplitskiy
> > <li...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Rob, i'm promoting Apache Open Office in Ukraine. Do you have an e-mail
> > > list of companies which uses Open Office?
> > > I want to automate its work and help with support.
> > >

> > Sorry, we don't have a database of OpenOffice users.     In the Sun days
> > there was a user registration screen in the OpenOffice.org install
> > wizard, but we have removed that screen and do not have access to that
> > database.
>
> The old bizdev site used to have a database of businesses using OOo around
> the world. However since the change to kenai the ods got lost. The html
> version could still be available on the legacy svn.

That old ods doc is in the original archive we brought over  in Sept, 2011
if anyone wants it or thinks it should be re-uploaded to the website for
posterity. I'll be happy to do that.

Also, if you use the Way Back machine, you can find information for the old
"bizdev" project.

> > But if you want to attract more Ukrainian volunteers, there are
> > certainly things that can be done, like:
> >
> > 1) Complete the UI translation into Ukrainian (already 84% done)
> >
> > 2) Translate the key website pages (around 30 pages)
> >
> > Maybe a good first step is to add text to this page:
> >
> > http://www.openoffice.org/ua/
> >
> > We could put something like:
> >
> > "Call for Volunteers!"
> >
> > The Apache OpenOffice project is currently working on completing the
> > translation of OpenOffice 4.0 into Ukrainian.   We will also make a
> > Ukrainian-language website with useful information about OpenOffice.
> > If you can help with these tasks we welcome all volunteers.   For more
> > information write to L10N@openoffice.apache.org".
> >
> > If you can translate that into Ukrainian I can add this to the website.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > -Rob
> >

> > -Rob
> >
> > > Regards!

MzK

"There's so much boldness in living life this way ...
 we did it all, and no one can take it away from us."
                            -- Diana Nyad

Re: Downloads by Country (updated data)

Posted by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org>.

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.