Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Ramesh S <in...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/29 22:23:29 UTC

create super column family for

I am trying to create a super column family using Cli command.
But I am not getting it.

The structure is

<<SCF>>ProductCategory
<<SuperColumnName>>#ProductType
<<RowKey>>#productCatId
+subProdName
+lenght
+width

I tried a lot many ways but I can't find the right way to get this done.
Something like this give me error - mismatched input 'column' expecting
Identifier
create column family ProductCategory
    with column_type = 'Super'
    and comparator = UTF8Type
with column family productCatId
WITH comparator = UTF8Type
AND key_validation_class=UTF8Type
AND column_metadata = [
{column_name: subProdName, validation_class: UTF8Type}
{column_name: lenght, validation_class: UTF8Type}
{column_name: width, validation_class: UTF8Type}
];

Appreciate any help

regards
Ramesh

Re: create super column family for

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.
That is not a valid statement, were you getting an error ?

This creates the ProductCategory CF .

create column family ProductCategory
    with column_type = 'Super'
    and comparator = UTF8Type;

This creates the ProductCatID CF

create column family ProductCatId
	WITH comparator = UTF8Type
	AND key_validation_class=UTF8Type
	AND column_metadata = [
		{column_name: subProdName, validation_class: UTF8Type}
		{column_name: lenght, validation_class: UTF8Type}
		{column_name: width, validation_class: UTF8Type}
	];

See the help in the CLI for more info.

Hope that helps.

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

Posted by Ramesh S <in...@gmail.com>.
I am using 0.8.6.

Posted by Yi Yang <i...@iyyang.com>.

Posted by Ramesh S <in...@gmail.com>.
I missed the subcomparator. Probably this is the solution.

create column family ProductCategory
    with column_type = 'Super'
    and comparator = UTF8Type
WITH subcomparator = UTF8Type