Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Sebastian Schmitz <se...@propellerhead.co.nz> on 2019/06/05 20:27:15 UTC

Kafka 2.2.1 with Zookeeper 3.5.5

Hi,

I am currently testing the new Kafka 2.2.1 with new Zookeeper 3.5.5 on
my local machine to see if we can upgrade the other environments with it.

During startup of Kafka it shows Zookeeper-Version as 3.4.13:

[2019-06-05 20:16:41,486] INFO Client
environment:zookeeper.version=3.4.13-2d71af4dbe22557fda74f9a9b4309b15a7487f03,
built on 06/29/2018 00:39 GMT (org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper)

So I wonder why it shows the old version while the Zookeeper shows it's
version as 3.5.5:

2019-06-05 20:16:36,742 [myid:1] - INFO  [main:Environment@109] - Server
environment:zookeeper.version=3.5.5-390fe37ea45dee01bf87dc1c042b5e3dcce88653,
built on 05/03/2019 12:07 GMT

There's only one Kafka-broker with one Zookeeper, so it's not connecting
to something else...

Thanks

Sebastian

--
DISCLAIMER
This email contains information that is confidential and which

notify the sender immediately and delete the email.
This email is intended
solely for the use of the intended recipient and you may not use or
disclose this email in any way.

Re: Kafka 2.2.1 with Zookeeper 3.5.5

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
I have been running kafka with zk 3.5.4 for quite a long time without issue.
I am testing with 3.5.5 but I don't expect any problem.

Hope that helps
Enrico

Posted by Sebastian Schmitz <se...@propellerhead.co.nz>.

Posted by Mark Anderson <ma...@gmail.com>.