Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by Michael Shea <mi...@nitido.com> on 2008/08/29 17:35:52 UTC

CAY-560 implemented in 3.0M4?

I've noticed that in the release notes for 3.0M4, it indicates that
CAY-560 has been implemented (support for outer joins).
Looking at the JIRA page for CAY-560
(http://issues.apache.org/cayenne/browse/CAY-560), it mostly seems to
talk about Expression.fromString() support.
However, reading this page
(http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/guide-to-30-features.html) indicates that
"/as of M4 there is no Expression.fromString() support)/.".

So: Is there support for outer joins in 3.0M4? If so, how do I actually
create an expression that uses outer joins, as there is no
Expression.fromString() support? Are there new ExpressionFactory methods?

Thanks!

Mike Shea.

Re: CAY-560 implemented in 3.0M4?

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
It is in M4, this docs page is wrong. The following oage explains how
to build epxressions matching on outer joins:

   http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/path-expressions.html

Andrus