Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Ben Walding <de...@walding.com> on 2003/06/11 11:57:35 UTC

Re: xmlns reference to maven-project.xsd

(This was on the user list, I'll finalise our answer before I post back
to user list).

How about :

http://maven.apache.org/maven-ver.xsd

eg.

http://maven.apache.org/maven-1.0-rc-1.xsd

with all the usual bits eg. maven-1.0.xsd for final,
maven-1.0-SNAPSHOT.xsd for the "current" version etc.

Although that is slightly different to how w3c do it :
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd

Posted by Rafal Krzewski <Ra...@caltha.pl>.
Is there some sort of recommendation for that in the W3C Schema papers?
If there is, let's follow it. Otherwise, we could look at xml files up
there on the web and look for common patterns for them.

Re: xmlns reference to maven-project.xsd

Posted by Brian Ewins <Br...@i-documentsystems.com>.
Why not http://maven.apache.org/schemas/maven-ver.xsd

on the grounds that it would make it possible to list the schemas that
are there.

Or use an URL in ibiblio, maven repo format:
http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/maven/xsds/maven-ver.xsd

since that way changes can be deployed with new maven releases. Doubt
that matters too much.

Ben Walding wrote:

> (This was on the user list, I'll finalise our answer before I post back
> to user list).
>
> How about :
>
> http://maven.apache.org/maven-ver.xsd
>
> eg.
>
> http://maven.apache.org/maven-1.0-rc-1.xsd
>
> with all the usual bits eg. maven-1.0.xsd for final,
> maven-1.0-SNAPSHOT.xsd for the "current" version etc.
>

> Although that is slightly different to how w3c do it :
> http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd
>

> Christian Clausen wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Does anybody know the correct HTTP location of the file
>> maven-project.xsd? I'm
>> asking because I would like to have the correct xmlns reference in the my
>> project.xml files. (The answer depends on the POM version, I guess.)
>>
>> - Christian

Privacy and Confidentiality Notice

The information contained in this E-Mail message is intended only for the person or persons to whom it is addressed.  Such information is confidential and privileged and no mistake in transmission is intended to waive or compromise such privilege.  If you have received it in error, please destroy it and notify us on the telephone number printed above.  If you do not receive complete and legible copies, please telephone us immediately. Any opinions expressed herein including attachments are those of the author only. i-documentsystems Ltd. does not accept responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information provided or for any changes to this Email, however made, after it was sent. (Please note that it is your responsibility to scan this message for viruses).