Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Alexandre Buer <ab...@genuone.com> on 2006/08/21 20:31:34 UTC

master/detail table with table components

Hello,
I am trying to build a table component for master/detail table, to display
information such as a list of orders and their line-items in a single table.
A similar application of this pattern to the workbench table would be making
a Language List, with each language row giving say the number of Locales the
current language has, and below a list of its Locales.

I first built it in Tapestry 4.0 with the For component, with JavaScript for
hiding the details; now that I want to reuse this in multiple settings, the
For component seems too low level.  I considered making it a complex
component, but it may be possible to reuse the contrib:Table low level
components such as the TableRows. However, I don’t see how a TableRow can
model a group of detail rows and their master row.  Could anyone point me in
the correct direction? What design makes sense for such a component?

Thanks in advance,
Alex./