Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Anthony Nguyen <AN...@Siperian.com> on 2001/12/13 04:30:50 UTC

SearchMethod and all methods returns unordered hashtable. May need ordered list instead.

I'm doing some work with the SearchMethod and Exchange 2k. The data
returned from the server is ordered. Once processed by the
XMLResponseMethodBase (method) class, it is put into a Hashtable and
loses its order. I see the need for the Hashtable, a potential response
lookup by URL. However it causes problems with searches. When I make a
search request similar to the one below, I expect the data to be in a
particular order.

SELECT "DAV:contentclass", "DAV:displayname"
FROM scope ('deep traversal of "/public/folder/ "')
WHERE "DAV:isfolder" = false
ORDER BY "DAV:displayname" ASC

Had I not use the "ORDER BY" clause, the order would not be important.
But I need it to be ordered.

How should this problem be solved?
Using Vector, Vector & Hashtable, OrderedHashtable (derived from
Hashtable), or other method?

-Anthony