Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by hang zhao <co...@yahoo.com> on 2005/04/12 02:20:52 UTC

How to use Database persistence for tomcat clustering?

Hi, everyone

I am trying some configuration with my small tomcat
cluster (2 tomcats, 1 apache, connected with mod_jk2
as load balancer).

The problem is that I want to use a shared database
(Mysql) to do session replication instead of in-memory
session replication.

But to the best of my knowledge, you seems can not
make session level fail over to work with shared
database  session replication. The changed session
data is not sent to database immediately.

In another word, how can I configure so that when I
change session data, it is sent to database
immediately. And so when some nodes dies, the other
node can pick up the unfinished request silently
without session data loss.

Thanks in advance

Hang

Re: How to use Database persistence for tomcat clustering?

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.
Configure the PersistenceManager as your session manager