Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Peter B. West" <pb...@powerup.com.au> on 2003/06/20 08:14:21 UTC

Eclipse checkstyle

Jeremias, Joerg and other Eclipse users,

I'm trying to apply Checkstyle 3.1.0 to fop-head via Eclipse 2.1, and am
having a few problems.  I cannot import the checkstyle.cfg file, so I
have constructed a new one.  I seem to have been much too restrictive in
what I have tried, and am now working my way through deleting or
detuning rules.

I have since that paragraph was written received some info from David
Schneider on the Eclipse-cs-developer list.  It seems the checkstyle.cfg
we have in fop-head is pre-version 3.  Version 3.1.0 does not support
the check for a header file, which is why it does not appear in the
Preferences Checkstyle UI, or linked into the relavant integrated
documentation.  That will not be available until at least 3.2.

I will commit a 3.1.0 style config, and those of you who haave followed
the style discussion more closely might like to modify it.  I suspect
there are more options in the new version.

I am on a steep learning curves with Checkstyle and the conventions,
which I am planning to apply to alt.design before going any further.
That learning curve is probably another reason to cast an eye over the
config I create.

Peter
--
Peter B. West  http://www.powerup.com.au/~pbwest/resume.html

Re: Eclipse checkstyle

Posted by "Peter B. West" <pb...@powerup.com.au>.
Done. It is currently notifying many, many style violations, so I am
working my way through, but you will probably spot things faster.  I
think i many cases there is just no consistency because the issue has
never been canvassed.

The Import and Export of Plugin Configs works for me, but any attempt to
Export Checkstyle Config fails for me - Eclipse 1.2 RH9 j2sdk1.4.1_03.

I have to say that I am enjoying Eclipse enormously.

Peter

--
Peter B. West  http://www.powerup.com.au/~pbwest/resume.html

Re: Eclipse checkstyle

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.

On 20.06.2003 08:14:21 Peter B. West wrote:
> Jeremias, Joerg and other Eclipse users,
>
> I'm trying to apply Checkstyle 3.1.0 to fop-head via Eclipse 2.1, and am
> having a few problems.  I cannot import the checkstyle.cfg file, so I
> have constructed a new one.  I seem to have been much too restrictive in
> what I have tried, and am now working my way through deleting or
> detuning rules.
>
> I have since that paragraph was written received some info from David
> Schneider on the Eclipse-cs-developer list.  It seems the checkstyle.cfg
> we have in fop-head is pre-version 3.  Version 3.1.0 does not support
> the check for a header file, which is why it does not appear in the
> Preferences Checkstyle UI, or linked into the relavant integrated
> documentation.  That will not be available until at least 3.2.
>
> I will commit a 3.1.0 style config, and those of you who haave followed
> the style discussion more closely might like to modify it.  I suspect
> there are more options in the new version.
>
> I am on a steep learning curves with Checkstyle and the conventions,
> which I am planning to apply to alt.design before going any further.
> That learning curve is probably another reason to cast an eye over the
> config I create.

Jeremias Maerki