Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by shawn <ja...@koyuru.com> on 2002/12/22 10:53:00 UTC

DBCP trouble in 4.12

Hello,

Not at all sure if this is my own problem or a bigger issue but I moved
from 4.06 to 4.12 recently and...

The example DBCP given for mysql works fine for me with
mysql-connector-java-2.0.14-bin.jar  Thanks for the nice docs!

However, when I move the code to an app I'm trying to move, I get a
"Cannot load JDBC driver class 'null'" error message.  It stems from
Connection conn=dataSource.getConnection();  (see complete snippet
below)

The code was originally in a servlet (and the ds got passed to a bean)
but I moved everything to the bean with the same results.

Connection conn;
        // Get the user info from the database
        try {
          Context ctx = new InitialContext();
     if(ctx == null )
          throw new Exception("Boom - No Context");

            DataSource
dataSource2=(DataSource)ctx.lookup("java:comp/env/jdbc/TestDB");
            if(dataSource2 == null )
          throw new Exception("Boom - No dataSource");

          conn = dataSource2.getConnection();
        }
        catch (Exception e){throw new SQLException("couldn't get conn
from dataSource2 in employeeBean"+e.toString());}

Yes, I recompiled everything after the move and have the driver in the
Catalina_Home/common/lib dir.

TIA,

Shawn