Posted to users@solr.apache.org by HU Dong <it...@gmail.com> on 2021/10/08 06:44:08 UTC

Re: Solr High Availability | Multi-Datacenter approach

Hi,

We're facing similar situations. If "run multiple fully independent
clusters" is the recommended solution, is there any recommended way to do
disaster recovery during query time?

In our production environment, we're using solrj as the client. What comes
to my mind is declaring two client instances, each with one solrcloud
cluster configured. During search, try the first client and fallback to the
second if it fails. Is there any better way?

Dong

Re: Solr High Availability | Multi-Datacenter approach

Posted by HU Dong <it...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Dave. Setting up a proxy is a much better solution.

Dong

Re: Solr High Availability | Multi-Datacenter approach

Posted by Dave <ha...@gmail.com>.