Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Christian Mittendorf <ch...@freenet.de> on 2006/07/29 10:55:44 UTC

Different JSESSIONID in Cookie and URL?

Hello!

I've created an app based on Tapestry 4 that I'm deploying on a
server with a Tomcat 5.5 and an Apache with mod_jk and SSL.

If I open this app in the browser, I'll first get a cookie with
JSESSIONID X. Then, on the first page the app is using a different
JSESSIONID in its rewritten urls ("/XYZ/app;jsessionid=Y"). This was
causing some problems because each first request resulted in an error
as all stuff that I had stored in the session was gone.

I hat to turn off cookies for my app to make it work properly.
However, my question now is "why"? Why are the session ids from the
rewritten url and the cookie different? What am I missing?

Christian