Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Peter Samuelson <pe...@p12n.org> on 2007/10/26 15:17:05 UTC

[patch] contrib/client-side/wcgrep ignore unversioned files

I tested this script in 1.4.4, not trunk; if 'svn status -v' has
changed column alignments, the 'cut -c41-' needs to be adjusted
accordingly.  (No, in fact, I _didn't_ want to use --xml.)

The biggest change is to exclude all unversioned files; this means
WCGREP_IGNORE is no longer terribly important, and it cuts way down on
the false positive matches I see.  (I'm too lazy to craft a specific
enough WCGREP_IGNORE each time I want to use the script.)

[[[
* contrib/client-side/wcgrep: Add a usage message.  Simplify the logic.
  Do not require bash or features of GNU tools ("find -regex", "xargs
  -0").  Use 'svn st -v' to determine what files are under wc control,
  rather than relying on an ignore pattern.

Patch by: Peter Samuelson <pe...@p12n.org>
]]]

Re: [patch] contrib/client-side/wcgrep ignore unversioned files

Posted by Peter Samuelson <pe...@p12n.org>.
[Peter Samuelson]
> The biggest change is to exclude all unversioned files

Well, the other change is not using xargs -0, because it isn't
supported on all Unixes.  But perhaps that's a useful feature
(filenames with spaces actually do occur in your own repo), in which
case you can replace the 'echo "$line"' with 'printf "$line\0"', and
add -0 back to xargs.
--
Peter Samuelson | org-tld!p12n!peter | http://p12n.org/