Posted to dev@streampipes.apache.org by Philipp Zehnder <ze...@apache.org> on 2022/03/28 05:43:04 UTC

[DISCUSS] Update Java version and docker images

Hi all,

I updated our build job [1], it now uses an GitHub action to build Docker containers.

Further, I removed the Dockerfiles that were previously required for the Docker multi-arch builds (e.g. arm.Dockerfile).

I have also updated the Java version to Java 11.

Should we update it further to Java 17, what do you think?

Currently we are creating all images of the StreamPipes extensions for the release versions, but I think it is sufficient to provide only the following images:
Connect-adapters
Connect-adapters-iiot
Extensions-all-jvm
Pipeline-elements-all-flink
Pipeline-elements-all-jvm
Any opinions on that?

Cheers,

Philipp

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-streampipes/blob/dev/.github/workflows/build.yml

RE: [DISCUSS] Update Java version and docker images

Posted by Dominik Riemer <ri...@fzi.de>.
Hi Philipp,

cool! I'd prefer to stay on Java 11 for now and switch to 17 later this year.

We can also update the README files and documentation and replace the minimum Java version there.

Cheers,
Dominik