Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by yeikel valdes <em...@yeikel.com> on 2020/02/25 16:23:25 UTC

What options do I have to handle third party classes that are not serializable?

I am currently using a third party library(Lucene) with Spark that is not serializable. Due to that reason, it generates the following exception  :

Job aborted due to stage failure: Task 144.0 in stage 25.0 (TID 2122) had a not serializable result: org.apache.lucene.facet.FacetsConfig Serialization stack: - object not serializable (class: org.apache.lucene.facet.FacetsConfig, value: org.apache.lucene.facet.FacetsConfg
While it would be ideal if this class was serializable, there is really nothing I can do to change this third party library in order to add serialization to it.
What options do I have, and what's the recommended option to handle this problem?
Thank you!

Re: What options do I have to handle third party classes that are not serializable?

Posted by Jeff Evans <je...@gmail.com>.
Did you try this?  https://stackoverflow.com/a/2114387/375670

Posted by Jeff Evans <je...@gmail.com>.