Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by "Leschke, Scott" <SL...@medline.com> on 2016/08/05 19:48:37 UTC

service wrapper bug?

Ran into a minor issue using the service-wrapper feature on Karaf 4.0.5/Windows.

After installing the feature, we ran the wrapper:install command per the docs.  That worked fine. When we tried to start the service though it failed.  Upon review, I saw that the {service-name}-wrapper.conf file had the following lines in it.  This file is created under KARAF_BASE/etc.

wrapper.java.classpath.2=%KARAF_HOME%/lib/wrapper/*.jar
wrapper.java.library.path.1=%KARAF_HOME%/lib/wrapper/

I've redefined KARAF_BASE to be outside the KARAF_HOME hierarchy.  Changing these two lines to the following allowed the service to start.

wrapper.java.classpath.2=%KARAF_BASE%/lib/wrapper/*.jar
wrapper.java.library.path.1=%KARAF_BASE%/lib/wrapper/

I'm assuming this is the correct solution as wrapper:install created the bin and lib folders under KARAF_BASE (bin and lib) and not KARAF_HOME.
Would it also be fair to assume this is a known issue?

Regards,

Scott

RE: service wrapper bug?

Re: service wrapper bug?