Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by major chord <in...@yahoo.com> on 2003/08/22 10:30:15 UTC

problem with too many open sessions

Hi

Environment : Cactus 1.5beta1 with Atg Dynamo5.1

I am using Atg Dynamo with Cactus (or trying to...) I
have a very simple test case (extending
ServletTestCase), which does nothing (empty testXXX
method). In beginXXX I tell Cactus not to create any
sessions by using
Webrequest.setAutomaticSession(false).

However, after running the test a few times (the test
itself succeeds) I am running out of sessions on the
server. I have a 20 session limit - I do this to catch
any test runs that create sessions without removing
them afterwards.

Do I have to do something else on the Cactus side in
order to tell it not to create a session ? I have
tried session.invalidate() in the teardown(), but
somehow sessions are still being created...

Regards
Jacques

http://search.yahoo.com

RE: problem with too many open sessions

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Hi,

See my other emails on this subject.

Now for your problem, yes, you could use the invalidate. Dunno why it
doesn't help (maybe it does). Another solution is to set the session
timeout to a low value (default is 30 minutes on most container I've
worked with), such as maybe 1 minute or less.

Hope it helps,
-Vincent