Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Jason Venner <ja...@attributor.com> on 2008/03/09 12:57:50 UTC

HOD question wrt virtual mapred master node

We would like to have the master node be the submit node. Our processing
nodes tend to be rather beefy machines and we don't want to have to use
one for a HOD master.

We run a shared DFS, so we are only building virtual mapred nodes via hod.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do that via HOD?

--
Jason Venner
Attributor - Publish with Confidence <http://www.attributor.com/>

Re: HOD question wrt virtual mapred master node

Posted by Hemanth Yamijala <yh...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Jason Venner wrote:
> We would like to have the master node be the submit node. Our
> processing nodes tend to be rather beefy machines and we don't want to
> have to use one for a HOD master.
>
> We run a shared DFS, so we are only building virtual mapred nodes via
> hod.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do that via HOD?

What do you mean by master node - the node that runs the RingMaster
process in HOD ? If yes, then that node is not exclusively reserved for
running the RingMaster process. Either a JobTracker, or TaskTracker is
going to be brought up on it.

Thanks
Hemanth