Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/10 23:35:34 UTC

Publishing jars to the maven repository...?

is there any particular reason why JAMES shouldn't publish jars into
the repository?

- robert

Re: Publishing jars to the maven repository...?

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.
Am Donnerstag, den 11.10.2007, 10:47 +0200 schrieb Stefano Bagnara:
> Robert Burrell Donkin ha scritto:
> > is there any particular reason why JAMES shouldn't publish jars into
> > the repository?
> >
> > - robert
>
> None that I'm aware of.
>
> The only problem is the ability to declare real dependencies of our
> artifacts: I'm not sure that every dependency is available in official
> maven repositories. But having the artifacts in a maven repository with
> "partial" dependencies is IMHO better than not having the artifacts at all.
>
> Maybe we should use apache-mailet, apache-mailet-api and
> apache-james-server as artifactIds for the 3 jars we released inside the
> james.sar, so to follow the "apache-" prefix policy we used for mime4j,
> jsieve and jspf.
>
> Also the sar could be published, but this is less useful than the jars,
> so low priority.
>
> Stefano

Same here... And yes I think the apache- prefix whould be a good change.

bye
Norman

Re: Publishing jars to the maven repository...?

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.