Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Daniel Jue <te...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/09 22:24:18 UTC

contrib table client persistence problem

Hi,

I am trying to use client persistance for a couple different things on a page.

The applications has user logins, like a store pattern (with user sessions).
There is a form with some settings on the main screen, and a new
window opens on form submit.  The new window is a report that is
generated using the settings from the form and logic from the report
page class.

The Problem is that when I switch to using client persistence for the
variables the report page uses, the column sorting links no longer
work.  I get the hand icon when I hover, but nothing happens when I
click.  There is a good 1/4 page of encoded data in the html link.  If
I try to open in a new window, I get some tapestry error regarding
Zlib.

The reason I am trying to use client persistence is because a user may
run report XYZ more than once, each time using different variables.
An each page that pops up needs to be able to sort without getting the
session data from the report that was last run.

Any ideas?

I've also looked into client persistence of the table, but it doesn't
seem to be doing anything.  I have been using the FullTableSession
thing.

Daniel