Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Marc Chamberlin <ma...@marcchamberlin.com> on 2019/04/01 00:15:20 UTC

events.xml?

Hi -  I seem to be experiencing troubles with Android email clients
picking up emails from the IMAP service on James. Google research led me
to understand that the IMAP service must support an IMAP feature called
IDLE and that in turn led me back to the James document at
https://james.apache.org/server/config-events.html  There it refers to a
file called events.xml used only in Spring wiring to configure this
feature. There is (suppose to be) a link to GIT
https://github.com/apache/james-project/tree/master/server/app/src/main/resources/events.xml
where this file resides. That link is broken and I did not get such a
file in my download of the Spring variants of James 3.3 or of James
3.4-SNAPSHOT that I am actually working with.

Soooo obvious questions - Where is this puppy? Is it still supported in
James? Is the IMAP feature IDLE supported?

    Thanks,   Marc....

--
<b>Computers: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the user Marc.<br>
His mission: to explore strange new hardware. To seek out new software and new applications.<br>

Re: events.xml?

Posted by Garry Hurley <ga...@gmail.com>.
I believe that was removed in 3.3 and rolled into another file. Let me look through my emails and see which commit it was.

Sent from my iPhone

Re: events.xml?

Posted by cryptearth <cr...@cryptearth.de>.
To throw my 2 ct in:

I always used JDBC/MySQL - started with mysql 5.x community server +
connector provided by distribution (opensuse 13.x > 42.x > 15.x) - then
moved to mariadb 10.3 via repository + mariadb-connector downloaded from
webpage - never tried other mail-repos - maybe that's why I can't
reproduce the error.

Matt

Re: events.xml?

Posted by Garry Hurley <ga...@gmail.com>.