Posted to dev@shiro.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/04 22:13:04 UTC

January board report

Hi guys,

it's time for a new report ! It should be done _before_  january, 12th.

Please update the wiki :
http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/January2009

Thanks !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org

Re: Please copy the January board report in the wiki !

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Les Hazlewood wrote:
> I copied it over as well - I enabled some links in the report so he
> could visit the STATUS page and other links directly if he wanted to.

Just fine !

Thanks Les !

(Hopefully, we didn't entered into the 'unacceptable' category ;)

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
On Jan 12, 2009, at 11:51 AM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

> On Jan 12, 2009, at 9:21 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> the report _have_ to be copied into the WIKI, not the link to SVN !!!
>>
>> Noel has many reports to read, if he has to follow every SVN links,
>> he will spend the full day doing so !
>>
>> I have done the copy, please remind to do the same next time.
>
> Is it just me

It's just you. ;-)

> or does it seem like keeping the reports in SVN then copying them to
> the wiki is overkill?  I'm not sure what problem keeping them in SVN
> solves when there is always a discussion about the report on the dev
> list.

With the reports in svn I can trivially call up all of the reports
without even being connected to the internet.

Count keystrokes.

Craig

> Regards,
> Alan

Craig L Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

Re: Please copy the January board report in the wiki !

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

> On Jan 12, 2009, at 9:21 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> the report _have_ to be copied into the WIKI, not the link to SVN !!!
>>
>> Noel has many reports to read, if he has to follow every SVN links,
>> he will spend the full day doing so !
>>
>> I have done the copy, please remind to do the same next time.
>
> Is it just me or does it seem like keeping the reports in SVN then
> copying them to the wiki is overkill?  I'm not sure what problem
> keeping them in SVN solves when there is always a discussion about the
> report on the dev list.
It doesn't matter too much where the report is temporarily stored - or
not stored - as soon as it can be reviewed and put into the wiki. Purely
a matter of convenience, I think.

For Directory, we just post to PMC, and discuss it through the ML. The
very same for MINA. Then we push it to the board_agenda file (just to be
informative, for those who are interested to know how it works).

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.

Re: January board report

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
Looks great.  Thanks for picking this up!

Regards,
Alan

Re: January board report

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.

Re: January board report

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.

Re: January board report

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.

Re: January board report

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Les Hazlewood wrote:
> I just updated the report - please lemme know if that is OK.

Just fine for me. Thanks !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org

Re: January board report

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.

Re: January board report

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.

Re: January board report

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.
Hi Emmanuel,

Re: January board report

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Les Hazlewood wrote:
> I just added the report:

Thanks Les,

some comments :

Re: January board report

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.
For now, I just linked to that file from the wiki.

Re: January board report

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.
I just added the report:

Re: January board report

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Re: January board report

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Putting the reports into svn doesn't bypass either the community
review or the wiki posting.

Frankly, I think we have more issues to discuss.

Whatever.

Re: January board report

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Re: January board report