Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ralph Einfeldt <ra...@uptime-isc.de> on 2002/03/20 16:11:03 UTC

AW: J2EE and Tomcat

As I see it, the spec is quit clear about that:

2.5.1 Generating Comments in Output to Client
In order to generate comments that appear in the response output stream
to the
requesting client, the HTML and XML comment syntax is used, as follows:
<!-- comments ... -->
These comments are treated as uninterpreted template text by the JSP
container. If the generated comment is to have dynamic data, this can be
obtained
through an expression syntax, as in:
<!-- comments <%= expression %> more comments ... -->

So any container that doesn't render the tags inside <!-- --> violates
the spec.

<snip/>
> On that matter (J2EE & Tomcat), I've noticed one "small" difference
> between Tomcat and the jsp spec.
> Tomcat renders jsp-code that's between <!-- -->, the HTML
> comment tag.
<snip/>