Posted to users@felix.apache.org by KimJohn Quinn <kj...@logicdrop.com> on 2014/09/24 17:46:00 UTC

Installing iPOJO on AEM causes 'Singleton Conflict'

I am using iPOJO 1.11.2 and trying to install it in AEM 5.6.1 as an installed bundle within a content package (and required by other outside packages/bundles) and more frequently than not seeing this exception:

org.apache.sling.installer.core.impl.tasks.BundleStartTask Could not start bundle org.apache.felix.ipojo [342]. Reason: org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle org.apache.felix.ipojo [342]: Singleton conflict.. Will retry.

There are no other instances of iPOJO on the server until I install my package.

My scenarios have been:
---------------------------------
1) Using the Maven content package plugin install the content package (zip) directly into AEM - always works.

2) Using the generated content package (zip), upload and install into AEM - frequently fails.

3) Install iPOJO directly using the OSGi console - seems to work if I do it first but installing/uninstalling just that brings back the issue.

4) Installing my content package (#2) and placing the libraries under “numbered” folders to control the start level.

5) Forcibly starting iPOJO - returns the conflict error.

Re: Installing iPOJO on AEM causes 'Singleton Conflict'

Posted by KimJohn Quinn <kj...@logicdrop.com>.
Yes, I would agree that the issue looks to be a conflict with another iPOJO bundle in AEM 5.6.1 but from a fresh install of AEM (brand new repository) and the OSGi dump there are no references that I can see pointing to iPOJO.

With that being said, just installing iPOJO by itself directly throws the exception as well.  I've tried setting the log level to DEBUG and the messages do not really give any direction as to what/where the conflict is happening.

Thanks.

KJQ