Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Rainer Frey <ra...@inxmail.de> on 2010/11/26 11:46:38 UTC

[users@httpd] proxy: prefetch request body failed

Hi,

I'm using a Web Service on Tomcat 6.0.29, with Hessian as protocol
(hessian.caucho.com) via Apache as reverse proxy. One request with a probably
large response failed with HTTP 413. I don't find this error  code in the
access log  though, and the only error in Apache error log about that time is
following:

[Fri Nov 26 10:14:27 2010] [error] (-3)Unknown error 18446744073709551613:
proxy: prefetch request body failed to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8080 (host.name) from
yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy ()

Can anyone explain what that error means, and if the correspondig HTTP request
would have failed because of this? I'm not at all sure it has anything to do
with above web service problem. A lot of other requests from the  same client
to the same backend application, even in the same session, have succeeded.

Apache is running on Debian 5, installed  as a package, version
2.2.9-10+lenny6 (which means it is  2.2.9 with some bugfixes from newer
versions backported). MPM is worker, proxy backend is a single HTTP server
handled by mod_proxy_http directly (no mod_proxy_balancer)

Configuration of this system is too large and complicated to post fully, and
the proxying is done by a rewrite rule with [P] flag. Please tell me what
information from config might be relevant for you.

Thanks
Rainer