Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Daniel Herb <ph...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/19 10:56:37 UTC

Validation-Error-Tooltip (maybe a bug)

Hello

I want to print out validation-errors with the "t:message"-tag and when I
mouseover the validation-error-text there should be a popup in which is the
summary-error-text.
I have tried that with the following sample code:
<t:popup id="typeTextTooltip"
	 styleClass="popup"
	 closePopupOnExitingElement="true"
	 closePopupOnExitingPopup="true"
	 displayAtDistanceX="10"
	 displayAtDistanceY="10" >
	 <t:message for="typeText" showDetail="false" />
	 <f:facet name="popup">
		 <h:panelGroup>
		 	<h:panelGrid columns="1" >
	 			<t:message for="typeText" showSummary="true"/>
		 	</h:panelGrid>
		 </h:panelGroup>
	 </f:facet>
</t:popup>

If there is a validation-error the text does not appear.
If I replace the first message-tag with a outputText-tag the outputText is
shown but in the popup is no text.

Now my Question:
Is that a bug? I can't believe nobody has tried that before.

Thank you

Fwd: Validation-Error-Tooltip (maybe a bug)