Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Shanika Ediriweera <sh...@cse.mrt.ac.lk> on 2017/03/12 15:45:26 UTC

GSoC 2017 project CLOUDSTACK-9804

Hi,

I am Shanika Ediriweera and I am a 4th year Computer Science and
Engineering undergraduate of University of Moratuwa. I worked as an intern
in an opensource software company(WSO2 Inc.) for my 3rd year Industrial
training. I have experience in programming, opensource contributing and
problem solving.

I would like to take up the project 'Add Cinder as a storage driver to
Cloudstack' (CLOUDSTACK-9804
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-9804>) for GSoC 2017.

How should I get started? What steps do I need to follow?

Best Regards,

Shanika Ediriweera
Undergraduate
Dept. of Computer Science & Eng.
University of Moratuwa

Re: GSoC 2017 project CLOUDSTACK-9804

Posted by Syed Ahmed <sa...@cloudops.com>.
Hi Shanika,

My apologies for seeing this late. As Sergey suggested, your next steps are
to create a proposal. If you are interested in more than one project, I'd
say you create proposals for each one of them. This way when we review,
you'd have a higher chance of getting in. Look at the Wiki for example
proposals. https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK In the
sidebar, see the Design Documents * sections to see examples. Feel free to
post here or on slack if you need help understanding the bits.

Thanks,
-Syed

Posted by Sergey Levitskiy <Se...@autodesk.com>.
Sure, Proposal is the right next step. In this email I attached some of recent proposals discussed here.

Thanks,
Sergey

On 3/21/17, 10:49 AM, "Shanika Ediriweera" <sh...@cse.mrt.ac.lk> wrote:

    Hi Sergey,

    I went through the guides and the existing drivers Solidfire (
    https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/tree/master/plugins/storage/volume/solidfire/src/org/apache/cloudstack/storage/datastore)
    and cloudbyte (
    https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/tree/master/plugins/storage/volume/cloudbyte/src/org/apache/cloudstack/storage/datastore
    ).