Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Frank Burns <fr...@the-hub.demon.co.uk> on 2005/11/26 21:44:59 UTC

Breaking out of an HTTPS session

I have created a Web application using Struts 1.2 with Tomcat 5.5.

Some parts of the Web app are protected using HTTPS -- specified in the
security contraints section of web.xml.

When these protected pages are accessed, Tomcat automatically switches to
HTTPS (on port 8433).

However, how can I switch back to non-HTTPS (i.e., the "normal" port for the
Web app) when links to non-protected pages are subsequently selected? The
links generated by the <struts:link .> tag automatically retain the HTTPS
port number (8433) along with the domain name.

Thanks,

Frank Burns.