Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Tobias Fritz <fr...@mpib-berlin.mpg.de> on 2003/11/27 14:27:05 UTC

Xindice Tomcat How-To: crucial part on editing the Tomcat server.xml file is missing

Hi all,

I just downloaded xml-xindice-1.1b1-war.zip and tried to install it
but in the installation guidelines "Xindice Tomcat How-To"
(http://xml.apache.org/xindice/community/howto/installation/tomcat.html)
is missing a crucial part: the part on editing the Tomcat server.xml file!

can anybody tell me what I have to do here?

thanks in advance
Tobias

--
Tobias Fritz
Max Planck Institute for Human Development

Re: Xindice Tomcat How-To: crucial part on editing the Tomcat server.xml file is missing

Posted by Vijay Murthi <vi...@omega.uta.edu>.
Just put the ".war" file in tomcat "webapps" directory. Everything would
be automatic from there. Probably you may need to rename the ".war" to
Xindice.war before putting it there.

What basically happens is when tomcat gets started up (assuming if you
have the default "server.xml" configuration) it looks into "webapps"
directory for servlets. If some happen to be in "war" format they get
expanded into servlet directories (or) files. Xindice after it expands
contains the necessary configuration to direct the tomcat how to load
it.

Hope this helps,
Vijay