Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Chris Stokes <Ch...@BassSoftware.com> on 2002/08/28 08:53:32 UTC

jkmount possibilities

Hi
I was wondering if what I want to do is possible

Tomcat 4.03
Apache 1.3.20
RHLinux 7.3

I have not defined any contexts in my server.xml I just want them auto generated when I start tomcat4. To do this I tried a number of different settings for jkmount and eventually settled on
JkMount /*/servlet/* ajp13
This seemed to work as all my html and serlvets seemed to work fine.
However - now I discover that Tomcat is serving all content ie.
JkMount /*/servlet/* ajp13
Seems to work the same as
JkMount /* ajp13

Is this the case?
I only want tomcat to serve anything with "servlet" in the uri no matter what precedes it eg

http://server/context1/servlet/myservlet
http://server/context2/servlet/myservlet

This is in my httpd.conf

LoadModule jk_module         modules/mod_jk.so
AddModule mod_jk.c

<IfModule mod_jk.c>
    JkWorkersFile /etc/httpd/conf/workers.properties
    JkLogFile logs/mod_jk.log
    JkLogLevel error
</IfModule>

NameVirtualHost 192.168.192.103

<VirtualHost 192.168.192.103:80>
    ServerAdmin email@address
    DocumentRoot /home/bass/iAP21
    ServerName server.name.com
    ErrorLog logs/ap21-error_log
    CustomLog logs/ap21-access_log common
    JkMount /*/servlet/* ajp13
</VirtualHost>

Chris Stokes
Senior Systems Consultant
Bass Software Pty Ltd
ChrisS@BassSoftware.com

Re: jkmount possibilities

Posted by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@mail.more.net>.
Oops, I should have clarified that those directives are only available for
Apache 1.3.  Sorry.

Connector/J - which version to use (2 or 3 beta)?

Posted by neal <ne...@yahoo.com>.
Does anyone have a preference on whether to use V2 or v3(beta) of
Connector/J?

I read on the mySQL site that there are some new features that seemed
significnat (support of prepared statements, and 50-100% faster) ...but I
couldn't tell if these were new as of v2 or v3.  There might also be other
important new features to consider.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

FYI - I'm woriking with Tomcat 4.0.3 and will be doing conn pooling via JNDI
on tomcat.

Thanks.
Neal

RE: jkmount possibilities