Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by ca...@technettn.net on 2002/12/06 17:41:03 UTC

[users@httpd] Help understanding DSO

This is on a Mandrake install of Apache 1.3.

1. When you load a module using the LoadModule directive is it loaded as
another process?
2. If I stop apache using the "apachectl stop" command is the module
started in 1 also stopped?

I'm starting apache using one httpd.conf file and then stopping apache
and starting it again and specifying a different config file using with
the -f parameter.  The second conf file specifies LoadModule and then
AddModule.  But when it gets to the AddModule directive in the startup,
it gives me a warning and tells me the module is already loaded.

RE: [users@httpd] Help understanding DSO

Posted by Carter Harris <ca...@technettn.net>.
In the conf file that was created during the Apache install, there is a
LoadModule directive and then an AddModule directive.  When I try the
same thing in a very simple conf file I get a message saying that it is
the .c file is loaded and that the AddModule directive is being skipped.
I looked in the original conf file but I couldn't figure out anything
else that needed to be added ... Anyone have any ideas.

Thanks, Carter

RE: [users@httpd] Help understanding DSO

Posted by ca...@technettn.net.
I can't figure out why I'm getting a warning message.

I do a LoadModule dir_module /usr/lib/apache/mod_dir.so
Then do AddModule dir_mod.c

When this conf is executed I get a warning saying that dir_mod.c is
loaded and it is skipping it.

After that I have a DirectoryIndex in an IfModule and I suspect that it
is not loaded because I can't see the webpage without specifiying the
index.html as part of the URL.

Any help is appreciated.  Carter

RE: [users@httpd] Help understanding DSO

Posted by "John K. Sterling" <jo...@sterls.com>.

no

>2. If I stop apache using the "apachectl stop" command is the module
>started in 1 also stopped?

well, since apache is stopped, the module is brought down as well.