Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Sean Barclay <sb...@us.ibm.com> on 2014/06/23 22:09:52 UTC

Show + List functions in Fauxton Dashboard

Hello all, We're about to start working on adding Show + List functions
into the Fauxton Dashboard.
If there is anything you would like to see added in the functionality,
please let us know.
Cheers,
Sean Barclay
Cloudant, an IBM Company

Re: Show + List functions in Fauxton Dashboard

Posted by Sebastian Rothbucher <se...@googlemail.com>.
Hi there,

it's great Fauxton gets even better!

from project experience, what did work well was
- List functions to re-sort (sufficiently reduced) views
- List functions to generate SQL (or others) from reductions (I guess
that's very much like what Alexander had in mind)
- Show functions to output HTML (or JavaScript or anything - even using
Futon/Fauxton as dev platform)
(so far, more support is a plus, but CURL is always there ;-)

- Show functions to filter out parts of complex documents (I did augment
Futon for that, and it proved useful; in fact I was too late to contribute
and I didn't manage to backport yet - I guess you'll be faster anyway now)
- effectively, this would mean having something like a dropdown in the
single documents view to choose a show fkt (whose output will replace the
document as-is; in read-only.). You could do this with views, but you have
to wait for the index to build. Show is immediate.

Good luck - looking forward to it!
     Sebastian

Posted by Alexander Shorin <kx...@gmail.com>.
Welcome Sean, Brad!