Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Simon Kitching <si...@chello.at> on 2008/01/15 11:28:57 UTC

Undocumented dormant projects

Hi,

I just happen to be experimenting with a project that used something called org.apache.commons.jrcs, and was puzzled as I had never heard of it.

Eventually I found it here:
  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/dormant/

Interestingly, there are 40 project directories in the svn dormant directory, but only 16 listed on the commons "dormant projects" page. It would probably be a good idea to update the dormant-projects page to at least reference them all with a basic link.

I'll try to get around to this sometime, but it won't be for at least 3 weeks. If anyone else has time, that would be great.

Cheers, Simon

Re: Undocumented dormant projects

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 1/15/08, Simon Kitching <si...@chello.at> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just happen to be experimenting with a project that used something called org.apache.commons.jrcs, and was puzzled as I had never heard of it.
>
> Eventually I found it here:
>   http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/dormant/
>
> Interestingly, there are 40 project directories in the svn dormant directory, but only 16 listed on the commons "dormant projects" page. It would probably be a good idea to update the dormant-projects page to at least reference them all with a basic link.

<snip/>

Not sure what that basic link would be. We have a link to
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/dormant/  in the "View Source
Code Repository" site menu, which is sufficient IMO.

With the sole exception of [benchmark], every component that has a
site deployed has site presence (i.e. a reference in the Commons
website pages). For scalability, it has always been upto the component
to deploy its site and update the Commons site accordingly when
needed. Ofcourse, if someone wants to volunteer to update / maintain
that list, I have no objections :-)

-Rahul