Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com> on 2004/04/06 22:34:05 UTC

Re: How to add title to border?

On Apr 6, 2004, at 5:17 PM, Obivatelj@oralna-zadovoljstva.com wrote:
> I am playing with Tapestry for couple of days and I don't know how to
> set title in page when I am using "border" component. What to put in
> expression in Frame.jwc to display static title text from Main.page?
> Here is source:
>
> Frame.jwc:
> ~~~~~~~
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <!DOCTYPE component-specification
>       PUBLIC "-//Apache Software Foundation//Tapestry Specification
> 3.0//EN"
>       "http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/dtd/Tapestry_3_0.dtd">
>
> <component-specification class="org.apache.tapestry.BaseComponent"
> allow-informal-parameters="no">
>     <parameter name="title" type="java.lang.String" required="yes" />
>
>     <component id="shell" type="Shell">
> 		<binding name="title" expression="????" />
> 	</component>
>
> </component-specification>

Simply expression="title"  :)

	Erik

Re: How to add title to border?

Posted by Ob...@oralna-zadovoljstva.com.
> > On Apr 6, 2004, at 5:17 PM, Obivatelj@oralna-zadovoljstva.com wrote:
> Now is title just empty string, it does not show any text. I change in Frame.jwc:
>
> <component-specification class="hr.gracilis.ks.base.FrameComponent" allow-informal-parameters="no">
> <binding name="title" expression="title" />
>
> In Main.page is still:
>
> <static-binding name="title">Glavna stranica</static-binding>

	Now I get <title>StaticBinding[Glavna stranica]</title> which is nice, the question is how to remove StaticBinding text?

In Frame.jwc return to:

<component-specification class="org.apache.tapestry.BaseComponent" allow-informal-parameters="no">
<binding name="title" expression="bindings.title" />

Re: How to add title to border?

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Apr 7, 2004, at 8:46 AM, Obivatelj@oralna-zadovoljstva.com wrote:
>> Get rid of the getter/setter and storage of title in FrameComponent -
>> the <parameter> takes care of that for you, and may be the problem.
>>
>> Also, Tapestry's examples use a Border component that does what you
>> are
>> after here, so refer to that for examples.
>
> 	I found it, syntax is:
>
> <binding name="title" expression="bindings.title.string" />

This is way overkill.

Here's a simple example.  Notice no .java *at all*.

Border.jwc
<component-specification>
   <parameter name="title"
              required="no"
              type="java.lang.String"
              direction="in"
   />

   <context-asset name="stylesheet" path="css/styles.css"/>
</component-specification>

Border.html
     <h1><span jwcid="@Insert" value="ognl:title"/></h1>

     Header

     Footer

Home.html
   HOME SWEET HOME

Re: How to add title to border?

Posted by Ob...@oralna-zadovoljstva.com.
> Get rid of the getter/setter and storage of title in FrameComponent -
> the <parameter> takes care of that for you, and may be the problem.
>
> Also, Tapestry's examples use a Border component that does what you are
> after here, so refer to that for examples.

	I found it, syntax is:

<binding name="title" expression="bindings.title.string" />

	I started with border example and now is modified to work in way I want to, thanks for help.

Re: How to add title to border?

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.