Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Attila Mezei-Horvati <at...@yahoo.com> on 2006/08/17 23:13:30 UTC

maven 2: calling external ant file, creating jar in war instead of classes

Hello,

I just started to migrate from ant to maven. I had
high hopes, so far I got only frustrations. :) I hope
you guys can help me. I tried to look through
documentation but it is not as complete as I would
need it.

My current problems:

1.

I am trying to run an ant task from my old build file.
I added this to the pom:

  <build>
      <plugins>
        <plugin>
          <executions>
            <execution>
                <configuration>
                  <ant dir="./"
antfile="build-commons.xml"/>
                  <tasks>
                  <antcall target="dist.services"/>
                  <echo message="Running my ant"/>
                  </tasks>
                </configuration>
                <phase>compile</phase>
                <goals>
                    <goal>
                     run
                    </goal>
                </goals>
            </execution>
          </executions>
        </plugin>
      </plugins>
    </build>

However when I run mvn clean compile I get an error
saying build.xml is not found. My file is
build-commons.xml and that is what I am including.
What am I missing?

2.
I would like to have a jar created at the end in my
war application. Couldn't find any info if I can do
that without creating an extra maven project for the
src. Is it possible? If yes, how?

3.
I understand I can add goals to a build phase, but can
I overwrite the default (like: compile time to just
run my ant file instead of compiling sources, too).

thanks,
Attila