Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by spud <sp...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/17 16:19:06 UTC

Extract text (can i get a main developer response please!)

Hi,

I was reading some previous posts to the  mailing list and it seems
that PDFBox was claimed to not support paragraphs.However, i
downloaded the latest version of PDFBox src, compiled in Eclipse,
fired up ExtractText, gave it a -html argument, and i get text output
with <BR>s to indicate paragraph information. So the reason i'd like a
main developer to respond is so i dont get conflicting advice from
people that are perhaps not too familiar with the codebase.

My question is, does PDFBox support adding Font information to this
output? I see there are Font classes in PDFBox, but i can't see how to
use them in such a way.

Thanks!