Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Mohit Anchlia <mo...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/07 01:49:48 UTC

syslogtcp not found

I am trying out example from this site
http://mapredit.blogspot.de/2012/03/flumeng-evolution.html

When I run the node I get. Am I doing something wrong?

12/06/06 16:50:05 ERROR properties.PropertiesFileConfigurationProvider:
Failed to load configuration data. Exception follows.

org.apache.flume.FlumeException: Unable to load source type: syslogtcp,
class: syslogtcp

at
org.apache.flume.source.DefaultSourceFactory.create(DefaultSourceFactory.java:92)

at
org.apache.flume.conf.properties.PropertiesFileConfigurationProvider.loadSources(PropertiesFileConfigurationProvider.java:267)

Re: syslogtcp not found

Posted by Mike Percy <mp...@cloudera.com>.
On Thursday, June 7, 2012 at 6:50 AM, Mohit Anchlia wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 10:06 PM, Mike Percy <mpercy@cloudera.com (mailto:mpercy@cloudera.com)> wrote:

> > > Thanks. I am on 1.2.0. Do you think I should upgrade or I'll be ok?
> >
> > 1.2.0-SNAPSHOT indicates a trunk build. Did you build your own version from Subversion? If not, where did you get your build?
>
> Yes I built it myself. Is there a place I can download the jars directly?

Not for the latest stuff yet. Please let us know if you continue to hit issues with your trunk build.

Thanks,
Mike

Re: syslogtcp not found

Posted by Mohit Anchlia <mo...@gmail.com>.