Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by "Jan S. Rellermeyer" <re...@inf.ethz.ch> on 2008/03/31 11:21:39 UTC

GSOC project proposals

Hi,

I have two proposals for GSOC:

Subject ID: directory-slp-da

Title: Implement Directory Agent (DA) in SLP

ASF Project: Directory - [WWW] http://directory.apache.org/

informations with other DAs located on the same or different subnet. Service
Agents (SA) and User Agents (UA) either register or obtain services at a DA.
The Apache SLP implementation misses Directory Agent (DA) functionality. See
[WWW] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Service_Location_Protocol

Possible Mentors: Jan Rellermeyer, Markus Kuppe
Subject ID: directory-slp-ipv6

Title: Implement the IPv6 support in the Apache DS SLP provider

ASF Project: Directory - [WWW] http://directory.apache.org/

directory agent (DA) and in multicast mode. There is an RFC 3111 to support
IPv6 with SLP. The idea of this project is to implement this IPv6 support
and the changes described in the RFC to map the SLP scopes to different
multicast addresses.

See [WWW] ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3111.txt
Possible Mentors: Jan Rellermeyer
Comments are welcomed.

Cheers,

Jan.

ETH Zurich, MSc Jan S. Rellermeyer,
Information and Communication Systems Research Group (IKS),
Department of Computer Science,
IFW B 47.1, Haldeneggsteig 4, CH–8092 Zürich Tel +41 44 632 30 38,
http://www.iks.inf.ethz.ch

Re: GSOC project proposals

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
Hi Jan,

I added these to the ASF wide wiki for GSoC proposals.  I don't know how
much time we have for these but hopefully we can attract interested students
ASAP.  Here's where I put them:

   http://wiki.apache.org/general/SummerOfCode2008

Regards,
Alex