Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Arun Sethia <se...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/02 18:15:34 UTC

Zookeepr on different ports

Hi,

We have setup three zookeeper instances on one virtual machine, they
are running on different ports (2181,2182,2183).

Eventually in production we will have each instance on separate
virtual machine and we can have same port (2181).

We have seen we can configure multiple zookeeper instance (cluster)
using storm.zookeeper.servers, and we can use storm.zookeeper.port to
define a port.

Since we have zookeeper on one machine on different ports
(2181,2182,2183), but not able to configure different ports using
storm.zookeeper.port.

Any help will be great for us.

Regards,
Arun

Re: Zookeepr on different ports

Posted by Michael Rose <mi...@fullcontact.com>.
I'd recommend just using one Zookeeper instance if they're on the same
physical host. There's no reason why a development ZK ensemble needs 3
nodes.

Michael Rose (@Xorlev <https://twitter.com/xorlev>)
Senior Platform Engineer, FullContact <http://www.fullcontact.com/>
michael@fullcontact.com