Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by Ron Gavlin <rg...@yahoo.com> on 2006/09/28 16:12:42 UTC

Tuscany SDO compilation problems w/JDK 1.4

Greetings,

I am attempting to build tuscany-sdo M2-RC1a w/JDK 1.4. This release of Tuscany SDO should compile with JDK 1.4, correct? I am experiencing the two problems listed below. What are the correct fixes for these problems and should I open JIRAs for them?

1). Line 188 of org.apache.tuscany.sdo.util.StAX2SAXAdapter.java includes the JDK 1.5 keyword "assert".

2). Lines 23-24 and 182-186 of org.apache.tuscany.sdo.generate.Interface2JavaGenerator.java include references to JDK 1.5-only classes java.lang.reflect.ParameterizedType and java.lang.reflect.Type.

- Ron

Re: Tuscany SDO compilation problems w/JDK 1.4

Posted by BW...@amig.com.
Ron:

You can safely delete the Interface2JavaGenerator.java and be JDK 1.4.2
compliant. I do not understand your "assert" keyword error, as that was
introduced in JDK 1.4.2

Thanks!

Brandon Werner

Ron Gavlin <rg...@yahoo.com>
09/28/2006 10:12 AM
Please respond to
tuscany-user@ws.apache.org

tuscany-user tuscany-user <tu...@ws.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Tuscany SDO compilation problems w/JDK 1.4

Greetings,

I am attempting to build tuscany-sdo M2-RC1a w/JDK 1.4. This release of
Tuscany SDO should compile with JDK 1.4, correct? I am experiencing the
two problems listed below. What are the correct fixes for these problems
and should I open JIRAs for them?

1). Line 188 of org.apache.tuscany.sdo.util.StAX2SAXAdapter.java includes
the JDK 1.5 keyword "assert".

2). Lines 23-24 and 182-186 of
org.apache.tuscany.sdo.generate.Interface2JavaGenerator.java include
references to JDK 1.5-only classes java.lang.reflect.ParameterizedType and
java.lang.reflect.Type.

- Ron

CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT:
This e-mail transmission contains information that is intended to
be confidential.  It is intended only for the addressee named
above.  If you receive this e-mail in error, please do not read,
copy, or disseminate it.  If you are not the intended recipient,
any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of
this information is prohibited.   Please reply to the message
immediately by informing the sender that the message was
misdirected.  After replying, please erase it from your computer
system.  Your assistance in correcting this error is appreciated.