Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by MPF <ma...@procon.co.at> on 2007/06/08 15:47:57 UTC

Myfaces - application calling by link which include parameter

Hi!
How can I realize that?
My application get called with a link that contains a parameter whom i need
to load data. Need to write a frontcontroller?how?

someone can help?

best regards

Re: Myfaces - application calling by link which include parameter

Posted by David Delbecq <de...@oma.be>.
Note: be careful with using this method + session bean, as it will work
only once per session, that is the first time bean named qbk will be
used in user session. It may be intended behaviour, but most people need
a to take into account different value for each request.

En l'instant précis du 11/06/07 09:33, MPF s'exprimait en ces termes:

Posted by David Delbecq <de...@oma.be>.
It shouldn't be big work to create a request bean that does the job of
setting session bean. The same way you set a property of request bean
from #{param.xxx} you can link the request bean to session bean by
setting a managed property in session bean to an EL pointing to session
bean (eg <value>#{someSessionBean}</value>). The most important part is
to ensure the request bean is used upon request by the view. This could
be done by calling a value of request bean.

En l'instant précis du 11/06/07 14:07, MPF s'exprimait en ces termes:

Posted by MPF <ma...@procon.co.at>.
So i try to change my application to a filter:

public class FrontDoorFilter implements Filter {

	public void destroy() {
		//nothiing to do
	}

	public void doFilter(ServletRequest req, ServletResponse res, FilterChain
fc)
		throws IOException, ServletException {
			String oclcNum = req.getParameter(\"oclcNum\");
			// did we get a parameter on the request?
			if (oclcNum != null) {
			  HttpServletRequest httpReq = (HttpServletRequest) req;
			  Curiouser backingBean = (Curiouser) httpReq.getSession().getAttribute(
			      \"Curiouser\");
			  // is the backing bean already in the session?
			  if (backingBean != null) {
			    // is the backing bean's parameter still unset?
			    if (backingBean.getOclcNum() == null) {
			      backingBean.setOclcNum(oclcNum);
			    }
			  } else { // create the backing bean and put it in the session
			backingBean = new Curiouser();
			backingBean.setOclcNum(oclcNum);
			httpReq.getSession().setAttribute(\"Curiouser\", backingBean);
			  }
			}
			fc.doFilter(req, res);
	}

	public void init(FilterConfig arg0) throws ServletException {
		//nothing to do
	}
}

at first the line:
String oclcNum = req.getParameter(\"oclcNum\");
has a syntax error (the first \)

furthermore how i use this filter (add to web.xml and how i call it?)
see:
http://marcchung.com/2005/01/24/performing-a-jsf-get-2/

Re: Myfaces - application calling by link which include parameter

Posted by MPF <ma...@procon.co.at>.
Hmm ur right ;(

Posted by David Delbecq <de...@oma.be>.

Posted by MPF <ma...@procon.co.at>.
Well now it works with:

Posted by Volker Weber <v....@inexso.de>.
Hi,

to apply request parameter to managed bean the scope must be request afaik.

Regards,
    Volker

Posted by MPF <ma...@procon.co.at>.
Hi!

Posted by David Delbecq <de...@oma.be>.

Posted by "Jesse Alexander (KSFD 121)" <al...@credit-suisse.com>.
Google for "JSF GET" or "JSF GET phaselistener"

hth
Alexander

Posted by Volker Weber <v....@inexso.de>.
Hi,