Posted to muse-user@ws.apache.org by Gero Vermaas <gv...@xebia.com> on 2006/10/02 16:39:22 UTC

Re: Use apache muse to build WSN client?

Hi,

Thanks for the answers.

Yes, I was referring to the 2.0 RC.

Couple of additional questions:

    * The system that my client will talk with is based on
      WS-Notification 1.2. I noted that Muse 2.0 supports
      WS-Notification 1.3. Is this backwards compatible, in other words,
      will it be possible to use Muse 2.0 to generate a client that
      talks to a 1.2 WS-Notification producer implementation that is not
      build using Muse.
    * I noted that muse 1.0 is available on the ibilio.org maven2
      repository. Any plans to make the 2.0 version available there also?

Thanks again,
Gero

Posted by Daniel Jemiolo <da...@us.ibm.com>.
forgot to include the link to the WSN ratification:

        http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/members/200610/msg00002.html

Daniel Jemiolo/Durham/IBM@IBMUS
10/02/2006 10:57 AM
Please respond to
muse-user@ws.apache.org

muse-user@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: Use apache muse to build WSN client?

Hi,

We're supporting WSN 1.3 because that is a ratified standard[1], while
1.2.x is just a draft. There are a number of message changes from 1.2 to
1.3, and the namespaces are quite different, so it's not possible to
achieve backwards compatibility. You could use wsdl2java to generate a
client for a WSDL that included WSN 1.2 definitions, but it wouldn't use
Muse's NotificationProducerClient.

We'll be working to get Muse 2.x into the Maven2 repository as soon as
possible - I don't have a date yet, but it will be part of our workload
for 2.1.

Dan

Posted by Daniel Jemiolo <da...@us.ibm.com>.
Hi,