Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Gary Gregory <gg...@apache.org> on 2013/12/21 05:09:23 UTC

[VOTE] Release Commons Codec 1.9-RC1

Hello All:

This is a VOTE to release Commons Codec 1.9-RC1

Feature and fix release. Requires a minimum of Java 1.6.

Changes in this version include:

Performance:
CODEC-174: Improve performance of Beider Morse encoder. Thanks to Thomas
Champagne.

Fixed Bugs:
o CODEC-175: Beider Morse does not close Scanners used to read config
files.
o CODEC-172: Base32 decode table has spurious value. Thanks to Matt Bishop.
o CODEC-170: Link broken in Metaphone Javadoc. Thanks to Ron Wheeler, Henri
Yandell.
o CODEC-176: Spelling fixes in Javadoc and comments. Thanks to Ville
Skyttä.

This VOTE is open for at least 72 hours until December 23 2013 at 11:30 PM
EST.

The files:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-012/

The tag:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/codec/tags/1.9-RC1

The site:

https://people.apache.org/~ggregory/commons-codec/1.9-RC1/site/

Links to versions of sites and Javadocs will be live when deployed.

Thank you,
Gary Gregory

Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Commons Codec (archived) site - broken javadoc links

Posted by Bernd Eckenfels <ec...@zusammenkunft.net>.
BTW: I noticed that on the homepage there is a 1.9 link which leads to 404
page.

I then used the 1.8 link
(http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-codec/archives/1.8/index.html)
since I was looking for JavaDoc, and there is a "JavaDoc 1.7" link in the
menu (but points to 1.8 url - but also 404:
http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-codec/archives/1.8/javadocs/api-release/index.html).
The 1.7 archive site has also a link to JavaDoc 1.7 (with 1.7 in the URL
but results in 404)

On the main site/page (http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-codec/)
there are 3 javadoc links and 1.7 and 1.8 works there.

Gruss
Bernd

Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Codec 1.9-RC1

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
My +1.

Gary

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Dec 22, 2013 at 3:54 PM, Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12/20/13, 8:09 PM, Gary Gregory wrote:
> > Hello All:
> >
> > This is a VOTE to release Commons Codec 1.9-RC1
> >
> > Feature and fix release. Requires a minimum of Java 1.6.
> >
> > Changes in this version include:
> >
> > Performance:
> > CODEC-174: Improve performance of Beider Morse encoder. Thanks to Thomas
> > Champagne.
> >
> > Fixed Bugs:
> > o CODEC-175: Beider Morse does not close Scanners used to read config
> > files.
> > o CODEC-172: Base32 decode table has spurious value. Thanks to Matt
> Bishop.
> > o CODEC-170: Link broken in Metaphone Javadoc. Thanks to Ron Wheeler,
> Henri
> > Yandell.
> > o CODEC-176: Spelling fixes in Javadoc and comments. Thanks to Ville
> > Skyttä.
> >

> > This VOTE is open for at least 72 hours until December 23 2013 at 11:30
> PM
> > EST.
> >
> > The files:
> >
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-012/
> >
> > The tag:
> >
> > https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/codec/tags/1.9-RC1
> >
> > The site:
> >
> > https://people.apache.org/~ggregory/commons-codec/1.9-RC1/site/
> >
> > Links to versions of sites and Javadocs will be live when deployed.
>
> +1
>
> Tested maven and ant jar builds with OSX JDKs 1.6.0_65, 1.7.0_45.
> Site build fails for me on maven 2.2.1, but tests run clean and jars
> build fine.  Also verified sigs, release notes, tag, contents.

Thank you Phil. I just marked the POM in trunk as requiring Maven 3 as a
prerequisite.

Gary

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de>.
+1,

as usual the StringUtilsTest for Utf16 is failing on IBM JDKs, but apart
from that, all other JDKs work properly (incl. Java 8).

- Jörg

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>.
Hello Gary,

I tested with:

Apache Maven 3.1.1 (0728685237757ffbf44136acec0402957f723d9a; 2013-09-17
17:22:22+0200)
Maven home: /Applications/dev/maven/apache-maven-3.1.1
Java home:
/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.7.0_45.jdk/Contents/Home/jre
Default locale: de_DE, platform encoding: UTF-8
OS name: "mac os x", version: "10.9", arch: "x86_64", family: "mac"

- builds fine from sources.
- site looks good
- Release notes look good
- signs are good
- tag and sources archives have the same content

+1

Benedikt

--
http://people.apache.org/~britter/
http://www.systemoutprintln.de/

Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Codec 1.9-RC1

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Dec 21, 2013 at 10:34 AM, Oliver Heger <oliver.heger@oliver-heger.de
> wrote:

> Maven and ant builds work fine on Windows 8.1 with JDK 7 (I could not
> test with Java 6 unfortunately). Artifacts and site look good.
>
> Following minor nits (not blocking):

Thank you for the review!

> - Is the TODO file in the source distribution really needed? It is
> listed in the RAT report because it does not have a license.

I added the Apache header to the TODO file.

The TODO is explicitly included from the assembly src.xml and I think that
makes sense. If I get the src file, I should get it all.

- There are a few checkstyle errors which are very easy to fix (trailing
> spaces).

Fixed in SVN.

Gary

Posted by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de>.