Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Ramu, Manjukumar [PRDUS]" <MR...@prdus.jnj.com> on 2002/08/09 19:21:47 UTC

Is it possible to remove parameter from request?

Hello,
   Is there any way I can remove parameter (not attribute) from the request?

Thanks,
Manju

Re: Is it possible to remove parameter from request?

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Fri, 9 Aug 2002, Ramu, Manjukumar [PRDUS] wrote:

> Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 13:21:47 -0400
> From: "Ramu, Manjukumar [PRDUS]" <MR...@prdus.jnj.com>
> Subject: Is it possible to remove parameter from request?
>
> Hello,
>    Is there any way I can remove parameter (not attribute) from the request?

Servlet 2.3 lets you do this, in general, if you provide a request wrapper
that is wrapped around the original request before passing it to the
request dispatcher.  It's not possible in servlet 2.2.

Even under 2.3, you'd have to modify the standard Struts mechanisms of
doing request dispatcher forwards to the JSP page.  That's one of the
reasons it is not really a good idea to make your view layer dependent on
anything coming in from the request -- it should *only* be using things
that an Action put there (i.e. in request/session/application scoped
attributes).

> Thanks,
> Manju

Craig