Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Herbert Kluge <he...@yahoo.de> on 2005/04/18 21:10:07 UTC

LDAPAuth

Hello!

I've activated LDAPAuth within Lenya
(http://wiki.apache.org/lenya/LDAPAuth).

I can add the normal "CMS User" to lenya but I can't add a "LDAP
User". I filled the form out and clicked on "Save". Lenya connected to
my LDAP-server but nothing else was done. All I got is "Waiting for
127.0.0.1...".

What's wrong? Does anybody had this problem too?

Herbert

Re: LDAPAuth

Posted by Herbert Kluge <he...@yahoo.de>.
Hello and thank you for your previous help!

J. Wolfgang Kaltz wrote:
> Herbert Kluge schrieb:
>> I'm running the Eudora LDAP Directory Server (LDAP v2) on Windows.
> Maybe there are some specific issues with this product, I don't know.
>
> I recommend you try to change your LDAP server settings so that it
> actually logs what it is trying to do. For example, OpenLDAP logs the
> requests and any errors.

Yes it does so but apart from a incoming connection is nothing done.

>> My ldap.properties:
>> ############################################
>> provider-url=ldap://localhost:389/dc=netz
>> base-dn=dc=netz
>> usr-branch=dc=netz
>
> That looks strange. Do you actually have a dc=netz subbranch ?
> How exactly does a user entry in your LDAP look like ?
> IIUC your settings imply a user would be
>   cn=TomCruise,dc=netz,dc=netz
>
> If you don't have an additional user subbranch, don't specify one, i.e.
> usr-branch=

That makes no difference. No connection is done.

>> #key-store=.keystore
>> security-protocol=ssl
>

> Not sure about this one, but if you use ssl to connect, I think you must
> have a keystore. Maybe you should try without ssl first.

Therefore I've uncommented the key-store according to the Lenya-wiki.

Herbert

Form editing, adding multiple tags at the same time

Posted by Bart van Dijk <Ba...@Unilever.com>.
Hi,

I'm trying to edit the Form Editor so that I can add multiple tags at the
same time just like blog publication (in sidebar). In the blog publication
you can add a "Block" by clicking on the "+". The form editor creates these
tags:

<block>
	<title>New title</title>
	<content>New content</content>
</block>

Now, when I try to do exactly the same in  my default publication I get this
error:

No message (org.xml.sax.SAXException)
(Check log files for more details: lenya/WEB-INF/logs/*)

This is the logfile:
--------------------
5717250 2005-04-22 12:12:12,437 [PoolThread-3] ERROR
sitemap.action.save.processEvent():136  - Exception: null
org.xml.sax.SAXException
	at
org.xmldb.xupdate.lexus.XUpdateQueryImpl.setQString(XUpdateQueryImpl.java:13
1)
	at
org.apache.lenya.cms.cocoon.acting.HTMLFormSaveAction.act(HTMLFormSaveAction
.java:246)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.ActTypeNode.invoke(ActTyp
eNode.java:119)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invo
keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:46)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PreparableMatchNode.invok
e(PreparableMatchNode.java:130)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invo
keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:46)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PreparableMatchNode.invok
e(PreparableMatchNode.java:130)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invo
keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:46)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PreparableMatchNode.invok
e(PreparableMatchNode.java:130)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invo
keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:68)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelineNode.invoke(Pipel
ineNode.java:138)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invo
keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:68)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelinesNode.invoke(Pipe
linesNode.java:89)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.ConcreteTreeProcessor.process(Con
creteTreeProcessor.java:240)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.ConcreteTreeProcessor.process(Con
creteTreeProcessor.java:180)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcess
or.java:243)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.MountNode.invoke(MountNod
e.java:117)
[...]
	at org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:1119)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:358)
	at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler.dispatch(WebApplicationHandl
er.java:294)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:567)
	at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1807)
	at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationContext.handle(WebApplicationContext
.java:525)
	at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1757)
	at org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.service(HttpConnection.java:790)
	at org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handleNext(HttpConnection.java:961)
	at org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:807)
	at
org.mortbay.http.SocketListener.handleConnection(SocketListener.java:218)
	at org.mortbay.util.ThreadedServer.handle(ThreadedServer.java:300)
	at org.mortbay.util.ThreadPool$PoolThread.run(ThreadPool.java:511)
---------------

These tags must be created:

<project:links>
	<project:linkname>Enter a linkname</project:linkname>
	<project:url>Enter URL</project:url>
</project:links>

And this is my code (formeditor/project.xls):

<action><insert name="&lt;xupdate:insert-after
select=&quot;/project:entry/project:links[@tagID=&apos;{@tagID}&apos;]&quot;
&gt;&lt;xupdate:element name=&quot;project:links&quot;
namespace=&quot;project&quot;&gt;&lt;project:linkname&gt;Enter the name of
the website&lt;/project:linkname&gt;&lt;project:urls&gt;Enter
URL&lt;/project:urls&gt;&lt;/xupdate:element&gt;&lt;/xupdate:insert-after&gt
;"/></action>

that is the same as:

<action><insert name="
	<xupdate:insert-after
select="/project:entry/project:links[@tagID='{@tagID}']">
		<xupdate:element name="project:links" namespace="project">
			<project:linkname>Enter the name of the website</project:linkname>
			<project:urls>Enter URL</project:urls>
		</xupdate:element>
	</xupdate:insert-after>
	"/>
</action>

Re: LDAPAuth

Posted by "J. Wolfgang Kaltz" <jw...@apache.org>.
Herbert Kluge schrieb:
> J. Wolfgang Kaltz wrote:
>
>> Herbert Kluge schrieb:
>>
>>> Yes, there is an incoming connection:
>>> conn=0 fd=0 connection from localhost (127.0.0.1)
>>
>> Like I said, it works (at least with OpenLDAP and MS Active
>> Directory), so your problem is probably related to your settings in
>> ldap.properties. Or to your LDAP server settings - are you able to
>> authenticate to your LDAP server with some other software ?
>
>  > Maybe you could try an LDAP Admin GUI to see if your settings are
> alright ?
>
> I'm running the Eudora LDAP Directory Server (LDAP v2) on Windows.

Maybe there are some specific issues with this product, I don't know.

I recommend you try to change your LDAP server settings so that it
actually logs what it is trying to do. For example, OpenLDAP logs the
requests and any errors.

With

Re: LDAPAuth

Posted by Herbert Kluge <he...@yahoo.de>.
Herbert Kluge wrote:
  > I'm running the Eudora LDAP Directory Server (LDAP v2) on Windows.
With
> a LDAP-browser I can get all entries.
> My ldap.properties:
> ############################################
> Is there anything wrong?

Can someone post his ldap.properties please?

I've now installed Lenya with Java 1.4 instead of 5.0 but there's no
improvement.

Herbert

Re: LDAPAuth

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Herbert Kluge wrote:

> Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:
>
>> Herbert Kluge wrote:
>>
>>> I'm running the Eudora LDAP Directory Server (LDAP v2) on Windows.
>>> With a LDAP-browser I can get all entries.
>>
>> you said you were running 1.2.2-dev. can you upgrade to 1.2.2 release
>> (or 1.2.3-dev) and try again?
>

> Where can I find them? I've just found 1.2.2-dev.

The 1.2.X BRANCH within Subversion Repo is currently called the
1.2.3-dev version

Michi

> Herbert

Michael Wechner

Re: LDAPAuth

Posted by Herbert Kluge <he...@yahoo.de>.

Re: LDAPAuth

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.

Re: LDAPAuth

Posted by Herbert Kluge <he...@yahoo.de>.

Re: LDAPAuth

Posted by "J. Wolfgang Kaltz" <jw...@apache.org>.

Re: LDAPAuth

Posted by Herbert Kluge <he...@yahoo.de>.
J. Wolfgang Kaltz wrote:
> Herbert Kluge schrieb:
>> I've activated LDAPAuth within Lenya
>> (http://wiki.apache.org/lenya/LDAPAuth).
>>
>> I can add the normal "CMS User" to lenya but I can't add a "LDAP
>> User". I filled the form out and clicked on "Save". Lenya connected to
>> my LDAP-server but nothing else was done. All I got is "Waiting for
>> 127.0.0.1...".
>> What's wrong? Does anybody had this problem too?
> Herbert, I can not confirm this; I have no problems regarding creating
> new users.
> I suppose you're talking about Lenya 1.2 ?

Yes, Lenya 1.2.2-dev.

> Did you check your LDAP server logs ?

Yes, there is an incoming connection:
conn=0 fd=0 connection from localhost (127.0.0.1)

But that's all.

Herbert

Re: LDAPAuth

Posted by "J. Wolfgang Kaltz" <jw...@apache.org>.
Herbert Kluge schrieb:
> Hello!
>
> I've activated LDAPAuth within Lenya
> (http://wiki.apache.org/lenya/LDAPAuth).
>
> I can add the normal "CMS User" to lenya but I can't add a "LDAP User".
> I filled the form out and clicked on "Save". Lenya connected to my
> LDAP-server but nothing else was done. All I got is "Waiting for
> 127.0.0.1...".
>
> What's wrong? Does anybody had this problem too?

Herbert, I can not confirm this; I have no problems regarding creating
new users.

I suppose you're talking about Lenya 1.2 ?
Did you check your LDAP server logs ?

Wolfgang

Re: LDAPAuth

Posted by Herbert Kluge <he...@yahoo.de>.
qMax wrote:
> Tuesday, April 19, 2005, 2:10:07 AM, herbertkluge@yahoo.de wrote:
> HK> I've activated LDAPAuth within Lenya
> HK> (http://wiki.apache.org/lenya/LDAPAuth).
>
> HK> I can add the normal "CMS User" to lenya but I can't add a "LDAP
> HK> User". I filled the form out and clicked on "Save". Lenya connected to
> HK> my LDAP-server but nothing else was done. All I got is "Waiting for
> HK> 127.0.0.1...".
>
> Current LDAP support is only for authentication, it cannot add ldap users.
> You have to add CMS users for all your LDAP users.
> Use another ldap manager to add ldap users.

I don't want to add users to the LDAP-server. I want to add existing
LDAP-users to Lenya so I tried to add a "LDAP-user" at the
user-administration. All I got is "Waiting for 127.0.0.1...".

Herbert

Re: LDAPAuth

Posted by qMax <qm...@mediasoft.ru>.

--