Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/10 21:36:30 UTC

how to escape %{SOMENAME} characters in archetypes?

I keep getting these errors created a project from my archetype:

*[WARNING] org.apache.velocity.runtime.exception.ReferenceException:
reference : template = archetype-resources/pom.xml [ *
*line 84,column 44] : ${user.home} is not a valid reference. *
*[WARNING] org.apache.velocity.runtime.exception.ReferenceException:
reference : template = archetype-resources/pom.xml [ *
*line 84,column 65] : ${symphony.profile.name} is not a valid reference. *

Thanks for your help in advance....

---
Thank You…

Mick Knutson, President

BASE Logic, Inc.
Enterprise Architecture, Design, Mentoring & Agile Consulting
p. (866) BLiNC-411: (254-6241-1)
f. (415) 685-4233

Website: http://baselogic.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/mickknutson
---

Re: how to escape %{SOMENAME} characters in archetypes?

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 1:36 PM, Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I keep getting these errors created a project from my archetype:
>
> *[WARNING] org.apache.velocity.runtime.exception.ReferenceException:
> reference : template = archetype-resources/pom.xml [ *
> *line 84,column 44] : ${user.home} is not a valid reference. *
> *[WARNING] org.apache.velocity.runtime.exception.ReferenceException:
> reference : template = archetype-resources/pom.xml [ *
> *line 84,column 65] : ${symphony.profile.name} is not a valid reference. *

You subject line uses a percent, while the warnings are for a dollar
sign ${expression}.  Just a typo?

There is information about escaping the dollar sign on this page,
maybe it will help:
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/Assembly+Plugin

--
Wendy