Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mikolaj Rydzewski <mi...@ceti.pl> on 2006/07/28 13:28:28 UTC

Multiple JAAS configurations, one Tomcat

Hi,

I wonder if there are any chances to get my setup working. I'd like to
know it before I start digging in the docs ;-)

My goal is:

    * deploy several (at least two) different applications with security
      constraints defined in web.xml
    * use JAAS realm to auntethicate users
    * use different JAAS configurations for each application

Tomcat docs say, that to enable JAAS realm one has to configure it with
its configuration name (related to jass.config file). So is it possible
to use JAAS configuration name dependant on which application user is
authenticated against?

Or maybe different approach: is it possible to use both: security
constraints in web.xml and application managed authorization (by
application, not by container)? In that case I could choose appropriate
JAAS configuration name at runtime, during authorization phase.

--
Mikolaj Rydzewski <mi...@ceti.pl>

Re: Multiple JAAS configurations, one Tomcat

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Mikolaj Rydzewski wrote:
> Tomcat docs say, that to enable JAAS realm one has to configure it with
> its configuration name (related to jass.config file). So is it possible
> to use JAAS configuration name dependant on which application user is
> authenticated against?

This should be possible providing your realm is configured at the
context level. I haven't tested this though.

Mark