Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Potje rode kool <ev...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/14 21:10:40 UTC

wicket doesn't show its debugging?

I want to use xhtml files instead of html files
so I overwrite the method WebPage#getMarkupType
to return "xhtml" to make it work.
But got an MarkupNotFoundException which sugested to turn on debugging
for org.apache.wicket.util.resource but didn't got any debugging about the
filenames that were tried.

I used the log config files from the wicket example that comes with wicket
(apache-wicket-1.3.0-beta3) and set it to debug.
I created logger for a class in the package that I had to set on debug like
this.

Logger logger = Logger.getLogger(
org.apache.wicket.util.resource.AbstractResourceStream.class);

and then called the debug method on it and I saw my own debug info and
logger.isDebugEnabled() returned true.

Any idea what I am missing to see the debugging of Wicket for the
org.apache.wicket.util.resource package?

Thanks,
Evert

Re: wicket doesn't show its debugging?

Posted by Kent Tong <ke...@cpttm.org.mo>.

Potje rode kool wrote:

> I used the log config files from the wicket example that comes with wicket
> (apache-wicket-1.3.0-beta3) and set it to debug.
>
> Any idea what I am missing to see the debugging of Wicket for the
> org.apache.wicket.util.resource package?

Are you sure you're using the log4j.properties in wicket-example? I think
you might be using the one generated by the quickstart archetype which
is using the old package name:

log4j.logger.wicket=INFO
log4j.logger.wicket.protocol.http.HttpSessionStore=INFO
log4j.logger.wicket.version=INFO
log4j.logger.wicket.RequestCycle=INFO

For your purpose you should add a line:

log4j.logger.org.apache.wicket.util.resource=DEBUG