Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Andreas Calvo Gómez <an...@scytl.com> on 2013/02/11 15:25:08 UTC

Understanding NoB

Hello,
In the following scenario:
- 4 machines (A1, A2, A3 and CB1)
- 3 of them (A1, A2 and A3) under the same broadcast domain, with an
embedded broker (persistent), a local consumer (durable subscriber) and
a local producer, with multicast enabled and static network connector
(SSL) to a central broker (CB1)
- the remaining one (CB1), is a standalone broker using SSL

Question is: after a start of all machines,
- how many and which connectors will an embedded broker see? and
subscribers?
- how many and which connectors will the standalone broker see? and
subscribers?
- what happens when the producer sends a message? does it gets routed

Reason is that we see two different scenarios in the embedded brokers:
- all of them have the correct connectors (to the other 2 embedded
brokers and to the central broker)
- two of them see 3 durable subscriber: one local and two multicast
- one of them sees 3 durable subscribers: one local, one multicast and
one to the central broker

What we see is that one of the embedded brokers logs "duplicate message
add attempt rejected", and it increases the pending queue size (seems
like somehow it's doing a relay of the message).

Thanks!

Re: Understanding NoB

Posted by Andreas Calvo Gómez <an...@scytl.com>.
Missing part
On 11/02/13 15:25, Andreas Calvo Gómez wrote:
> Hello,
> In the following scenario:
> - 4 machines (A1, A2, A3 and CB1)
> - 3 of them (A1, A2 and A3) under the same broadcast domain, with an
> embedded broker (persistent), a local consumer (durable subscriber)
> and a local producer, with multicast enabled and static network
> connector (SSL) to a central broker (CB1)
Multicast TTL is 1, static network connector TTL is 2.
> - the remaining one (CB1), is a standalone broker using SSL
>
> Question is: after a start of all machines,
> - how many and which connectors will an embedded broker see? and
> subscribers?
> - how many and which connectors will the standalone broker see? and
> subscribers?
> - what happens when the producer sends a message? does it gets routed
Does it gets routed through all available connectors?

--
Andreas Calvo Gómez
Systems Engineer

NOTICE: The information in this e-mail and in any of its attachments is
confidential and intended solely for the attention and use of the named
addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure,
copying,
distribution or retaining of this message or any part of it, without the
prior
written consent of Scytl Secure Electronic Voting, SA is prohibited and
may be
unlawful. If you have received this in error, please contact the sender
and
delete the material from any computer.