Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk> on 2007/06/05 09:33:39 UTC

[Axis2]Axis2 Hackathon NEXT WEEK in Indiana University, IN, USA

Hi All.

Indiana University and WSO2 are going to host an Axis2 hackathon at
Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana from June 11th to June 16th
(inclusive). The main goal of the F2F is to use some co-located hacking
time to help stabilize and create a better Axis2 1.3 release at the
earliest time. The plan is to discuss issues (and bring them to the list
too of course) but also get most of the fixing / mods done then and there.

All Axis2 contributors are welcome to join. This is not an educational
session however- so you must be able to help with some aspects of
development if you are coming over.

Please let me know if you plan to attend so I can finalize the
logistics. The nearest airport is Indianapolis, IN.

Thanks
Deepal

Re: [Axis2]Axis2 Hackathon NEXT WEEK in Indiana University, IN, USA

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.
Eran Chinthaka wrote:
> Well, if some one is trying to come, you can call grantinn and mention
> my name or Axis2. You won't get any discount but I got a small block of
> rooms to make sure we will have something at least.

The prices are really very reasonable ($89 I think including breakfast).
  Thank you so much for doing the legwork on this!  It seems like quite
a nice place, too.

> network to get you in to departmental wireless network. Please send them
> to my firstname.lastname@gmail.com, not to this list ;)

:)

--Glen

Re: [Axis2]Axis2 Hackathon NEXT WEEK in Indiana University, IN, USA

Posted by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@opensource.lk>.

Re: [Axis2]Axis2 Hackathon NEXT WEEK in Indiana University, IN, USA

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.
Aleksander Slominski wrote:
> Glen Daniels wrote:
>> This sounds great, I'm in!  Except...
>>
>> Eran Chinthaka wrote:
>>> The nearest hotel to the hackathon will be IMU Hotel :
>>> http://www.imu.indiana.edu/hotel/index.shtml.
>> Unfortunately the hotel is completely booked for Thurs and Fri nights. :(
>>
>> There is apparently a Courtyard by Marriott and also a Hilton of some
>> sort downtown.  I'm checking into availability there.
> both are good hotels and Bloomington is a small town.

Chinthaka booked us off a small block of rooms at the Grant Inn
(http://www.grantstinn.com/), and I grabbed one of those.  The only
problem is they don't have Fri availability, so I'll have to switch for
that night.  Looks like the Hilton does.

You still hanging round those parts, Alek? :)

--Glen

Re: [Axis2]Axis2 Hackathon NEXT WEEK in Indiana University, IN, USA

Posted by Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>.
Glen Daniels wrote:
> This sounds great, I'm in!  Except...
>
> Eran Chinthaka wrote:
>> The nearest hotel to the hackathon will be IMU Hotel :
>> http://www.imu.indiana.edu/hotel/index.shtml.
>
> Unfortunately the hotel is completely booked for Thurs and Fri nights. :(
>
> There is apparently a Courtyard by Marriott and also a Hilton of some
> sort downtown.  I'm checking into availability there.
both are good hotels and Bloomington is a small town.

best,

Alek

Re: [Axis2]Axis2 Hackathon NEXT WEEK in Indiana University, IN, USA

Posted by Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>.

Posted by Jaliya Ekanayake <jn...@gmail.com>.
Try this one as well.
http://www.universityplaza.biz/

-Jaliya

Posted by Jaliya Ekanayake <jn...@gmail.com>.
Some more information regarding the hotels in Bloomington.

Hampton Inn
http://www.hamptoninn.com/en/hp/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=BMGWLHX

Courtyard Bloomington
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/bmgcy-courtyard-bloomington/

Both of them are on the Bloomington Shuttle route.
(http://www.bloomingtonshuttle.com/airport.html)

-Jaliya

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.

Posted by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@opensource.lk>.

Venue : Lindley Hall, Computer Science Department, Indiana University,
Bloomington, IN. (Rooms are still not finalized. So come to room 215 or
316 and we will re-direct you)

The nearest hotel to the hackathon will be IMU Hotel :
http://www.imu.indiana.edu/hotel/index.shtml.

Travelling from IND airport :
Goto ground transportation center when you come out. It will be towards
your left when you come out of IND airport.
If you are coming during day time, the cheapest option is to get the
Bloomington shuttle. Shuttle directly goes to the hotel.
Else, there will be limousine share service for about $61 per person.
But some times they do not operate during night.
If you hire a cab, it will be about $100-120 for the journey.

Google Maps :
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&lr=lang_en&hl=en&msa=0&msid=112624481622414401858.00000112fc6fa48b0a752

Please let me or Deepal know if there is anything you want to know.

HTH,
Chinthaka

Posted by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@opensource.lk>.